**Promotional Pricing for a Limited Time**
iA Performance offers one of the industry's best Email tuning (E-Tune) services. Our maps are a culmination of extensive dyno and street tuning efforts from over a decade of experience. It all began when we became COBB's first Arizona ProTuner in 2005. Since then our tuning efforts have grown to a global scale, yet we ensure each customer receives 'the personal touch' as if they were here in our home town, Boulder Colorado. After all, what good is a product if you do not receive the customer support to go along with it. Whether you're looking for a high altitude tune, or one that won't detonate the hot desert, we have you covered!
How an E-Tune Works
Upon purchase of (1) iA Performance E-Tune, we will email you a map to upload to the vehicle via your AccessPORT (AP) or Open Source software. Note 1 map service per E-Tune credit, such as a Break-in, Performance, or Gas Saver map. New engine owners will need to purchase 2 credits, 1 for the Break-in and 1 for the Performance map. Additional map credits, for the same car, are available at a discounted price of $100. To receive the discounted multiple map rate, simply contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-882-2821.
2. Data Log
Using your AP or Open Source software, data log the vehicle and email the .CSV files back to iA Performance for review. Instructions on how to data log are included with every initial map, as well as by request.
3. Review Data Logs
Once received, the review process of data log files will allow us to make additional adjustments to the ECU file. A revised file will then be created and sent back by email.
Steps 2 and 3, will continue until a finalized map is generated. On average, a finalized map is reached between 3-5 attempts. Now keep in mind, we are not here to hurry along the tune like our competitors. If the tuning process takes more than 5 revisions, then so be it since our goal is a well rounded tune and an overall positive experience. Based on our tuning history, our first map is almost always guaranteed to start and run the motor. There is of course the exception where mechanical or electrical gremlins lie.
Our highly skilled tuner, Stephen, not only has the knowledge of tuning, but also has a Subaru mechanic background stemming back to 2002! If issues arise, as they often do with modified vehicles, he will be able to walk you through trouble shooting ideas and steps. This is a service hard to find amongst the tuning community. We've even heard stories where tuners will simply stop helping the customer based on their vehicles predicament! A bit of advise to all turbo charged customers, be prepared to perform a "Boost Leak Test." Hit up google for various How-To tutorials on this test
Credits are valid for 60 days from date of purchase.
Data Logging Overview
A more in depth instructional manual accompanies every E-Tune and is available upon request. The following tests will be requested for logging:
As always, use extreme caution whenever operating your vehicle on a test track.
- Idle, 2-3 minutes stationary
- Drive around town for 3-4 minutes.
- Wide Open Throttle (WOT) 2,500 RPMs to a specified RPM limit.
Minimum Parameters that we need to see in the data logs:
The list is always changing. Please send us an email requesting the most current list. email@example.com
Notes Needed at Time of Checkout
During the check out process, on the bottom of the 'Delivery Information' page, you will need to provide the following information to have a map generated. Feel free to contact us prior to purchase to ensure we can help your particular setup.
Miles on Motor:
Miles on Odometer:
Transmission: 5MT, 6MT, or AT
Fuel Type: 91, 92, 93, 94, e85, etc (e85 tuning only available for cars equipped with wide band air fuel gauges)
Software: Accessport v2 , v3, or Open Source? Note OS customers will need to send a copy of their current ROM (stock or modified is fine) to firstname.lastname@example.org after purchasing the e-tune
AccessPORT firware updates (you will need the latest firmware to run our maps). Click Here for the update: http://www.cobbtuning.com/AccessPORT-Support-s/40200.htm
How the Factory Subaru Boost System works - click here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/AccessPORT-Support-s/40200.htm#/v/accessport/support/subaru/Subaru_Boost_Control_SystemAP Features and Data Monitors - click here: https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtuningweb/site/support/techdocs/Subaru%20AccessPORT%20-%20Firmware%188.8.131.52%20-%20Monitor%20Updates%20and%20Definitions%20Guide.pdfAdditional AccessPORT information and support - click here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/Support-s/40000.htm
The following videos offer an in depth look at installing the Version 2 and Version 3 AccessPorts. Thanks goes out to Cobb as well as RSD for the videos.
Applications and Map Functions
We offer applications ranging from Gas Savings all the way to Race Track Maps. Our experience covers, but is not limited to the setups below. Feel free to contact us to find out for certain if an iA Performance E-tune can work with your setup.
- WRX 2002-present
- STi 2004-present
- Forester XT 2004-present
- Legacy Outback GT and XT 2004-2014
- Baja XT - discontinued -
- Non USA market ej205 (WRX, Forester), ej207 (STi) versions 7-9, ej257 (GR body) with Open Source
- Cobb AccessPORT (version 2 or 3)
- Open Source (OS)- ECU Flash, Romraider, or similar programs plus a Tactrix Cable. Note OS customers will need to send a copy of their current ROM (stock or modified is fine) to email@example.com after purchasing the e-tune
- td04 & td04 19t
- vf 22, 23, 30, 34, 39, 42, 48, 52, etc
- Twin Sroll vf36, vf37, as well as Blouch and other brands too
- Garrett gt28rs, gt30, gtx30, gt35, gtx35, etc
- Borge Warner series
- PTE Turbos: 35, 67p-trim, etc
- Entire Blouch Line up, including: 16g (big and small), 18g, 20g, Dominator 1.0-5.0, etc
- Forced Performance HTA Lineup as well as Green, Red, Black, and all other colors under the rainbow
- External (Tial, Turbosmart, ETC recirculation and dump to atmosphere)
- 89-117 octane, Leaded, Unleaded
- e85 ethanol based fuel, including Flex Fuel Kits from Cobb Tuning
- Methanol Injection
- Preferred brands are: Subaru OEM, Injector Dynamics, Fuel Injector Clinic, and Deatschwerks. Other supported brands are: Power Enterprise, Perrin, Agency Power, Modified Denso, Five-o, JECs.
- 2.0L, 2.1L, 2.2L, 2.35L, 2.5L, 2.6L
- Frankenstein motors, 2.5L short block with 2.0L heads (popular 02-05 WRX option)
Our experience covers, but is not limited to, the following environment conditions
- Sea Level to 14,000 feet
- Below freezing to triple digit summer temperatures
Flex Fuel Tuning via Cobb Accessport
As one of the early adapters of Flex Fuel, we continue to offer tuning support for the Subaru models which Cobb offers e85 Flex Fuel kits for.
Presently, we do not support Blow through MAF and Speed Density Tunes. When done properly, these types of tunes should be performed in person with a highly qualified tuner.
Tuning Background and Achievements
2004- began tuning Subarus via EcuTek & utec
2005- became COBB Tunings first Arizona authorized Tuner with a 5 day on-site training course
2006- EFI Tuning Certified
2006- AEM EMS certification along with EFI tuning courses
2006-2010- unlimited hours on our in-house AWD Mustang Dyno
2006-Present Day- Road tuning throughout North America (Canada, USA, and Mexico), as well as assorted European Countries, totaling over a 1,000 individual tunes
- 2007 : January- 1st E-Tune
- 2008 : January- 6 E-Tunes Completed
- 2009 : January- 12 E-Tunes Completed
- 2010 : January- 40 E-Tunes Completed
- 2011 : January- 75 E-Tunes Completed
- 2012 : January- 110 E-Tunes Completed
- 2013 : January- 250 E-Tunes Completed
- 2014 : January- 400 E-Tunes Completed
- 2015 : January- 645 E-Tunes Completed
- 2016 : January- Still Counting!!!
Our experience stems past the Dyno and includes open road as well as world renowned race track testing. We are one of the few USA based Tuners to physically travel to, and tune on, highly regarded tracks such as Nurburgring and Hockenheimring. Beyond race tracks, our E-Tune program has spanned the World to Australia, UAE, Alaska, Africa, Europe, South America, and beyond. Despite the distance, we continue to treat every customer with what matters most, respect! When the time comes, consider iA Performance for your Subaru tuning needs.